Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Why I haven't purchased a PS4

       The next generation has flipped over to the current generation. My Playstation 3 is now old news- outdated. Though it will still see the release of new games, it will never again be the main focus of publishers. This is how the industry works, and I'm okay with that. You'd think that my fond memories and love for the last-gen would be the route of my unease at the switch between generations.
       Although that is a factor, the main reason is is that nothing has changed. I love my ps3 and games. They have defined and punctuated so many good days in my recent life. But the Ps4, is the same. The games follow the same trends, the graphics, though more polished, are generally what the PC versions of last gen games already looked liked. I want more games for my Ps3, and I want them to be the type of games I enjoy, however this does not mean those are the Ps4 games I want. The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 were one of the longest generations, some would speculate too long. However that was the point, people enjoyed this gen, so much to the point where no one required an upgrade in hardware. That's all this is, a hardware boost. Even with the shiny bobs and bells, I see no real change in the core of the games like we have seen in so many previous generations.
       A ps4 would be nice, a longer life on my ps3 would be even nicer, but these are not interchangeable wishes. I do not want more Ps3 on a Ps4. I want the Ps4 to forge its own, unique identity. Maybe it will in the coming months, and at that point you will have a new customer in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment